Sunday, June 24, 2012

To sacrifice means it will cost me something to give it.

What a blessing to be in Kenya!  My life will forever be changed.  God is so good to allow me to see and enjoy the beauty of his creation.  I have seen magnificent sunrises and sunsets.  The ocean is so beautiful and has provided such a peaceful place to spend time alone with the Lord.  We have been on Safari and seen many of the wonderful animals here in Africa.  The monkeys have even tried to join us for breakfast each morning at our hotel.  They are very good at stealing food right off your plate.

  The people here are so gracious, kind, and loving.  I have truly been blessed by seeing old friends again and meeting new ones.  It always amazes me when I go on mission trips that I can travel across the world  and speak a different language than many of those I meet and still have an instant bond with them.  That bond that ties us together is our Lord Jesus Christ and our love for Him. One of my favorite times in Kenya is worship.  The people here worship with their whole body and heart.  Their voices blend together to make such a joyful and beautiful sound unto the Lord.  

  The children in Kenya are so precious to me.  Their sweet faces are the first thing that I see when I think of Kenya.  They are forever imprinted in my mind and on my heart.  They have so little and yet they seem so happy.  We in America have much and never seem content.  We always seem to want more.  How I pray that I learn a lesson from the people in Kenya.  I am asking myself as I think of going back home, “What do I give to the Lord and the people that God has put in my path?  Do I give to them from my surplus and what is convenient to give or do I sacrifice to give to them?”  To sacrifice means it will cost me something to give it.  I don’t often give sacrificially.  Lord, help me do that for you and for the people you place in my life.  Please ask yourself too what you have given this past year that cost you something.  The people here in Kenya are in such need.  Will you be willing to sacrifice for them in the coming year?  I pray that I will.

  Three years ago I came to the school at Mbewau when it was first being built.  It is amazing what God has done in that time.  The school and grounds are absolutely beautiful and very well run and cared for.  They even have a flushing potty now!!!!  YEA!  On this past Saturday, we had planned to do hut to hut evangelism and have crafts and games with the kids in the afternoon.  However, it rained all day, so we enjoyed fun and fellowship inside with the adults who were there.  I spent most of the morning with Joyce trying to learn to make chapati which is a favorite food to many of us.  They are similar to tortillas, but are fried and have lots of oil on them which is why they taste so good.  Joyce said she would pray that I will make them well for my husband when I get home, but I think it will take many, many prayers.

  Today we went back to Maasai Corner where Real4Christ has begun another new ministry.  Last year, worship services were held under a mango tree and now a new worship center and medical clinic are almost completed.  We shared a special time of worship today and last Sunday in the new center.  Flushing potties are almost complete at Maasai Corner also.  Another big YEA!!!  The ladies tried to teach Sabine and I to carry a bucket on our heads today without much luck, but the Kenyan ladies got lots of laughs from it.

  God has richly blessed Real4Christ ministries in both places.  Our team will be heading home tomorrow and it seems like we just got here.  We said good-bye to our friends at Mbewau and Maasai with heavy hearts and many tears.  I have been so blessed by knowing and working with the Hallmark team this year.  They are a very special group to me even though they are a little crazy (or a lot crazy) and  I am so thankful they allowed me to join them on this trip.  I only regret that Donald and Stacy were not able to come with us for they have been missed very much.  I also regret not getting Chris Moore back for wanting to fill my 4 days late luggage with trash and hide my clothes.  Thank goodness for Lisa!!!!


Medina Gribble








1 comment:

  1. Thank you Medina for sharing your testimony! You write so well, that in itself is truly a gift! I will read it again, as it has really blessed my heart, and challenged me to give more of myself for the Lord and the people He has placed in my life! Praying for you, as you come journey home, and leave behind those who you love so much!

    ReplyDelete