Sunday, June 3, 2012

Maasai Corner Worship!

Today was church day at the Maasai Corner Ministries.  What a wonderful experience we got to join with this morning. It marked the first full service at the under construction site of Chris and Lisa Moore's newest project.  Someone asked me how long the service would be and my answer was, "I don't know but I don't have anything better to do."


As I thought about that statement it hit me that that should be all of our literal attitude about worshiping and studying the things of God. We truly should have nothing better to do.  What's better than watching children by the dozens march into a half finished building through the just rained on ground to get to a place where they can sing about how good God is.  Whats better than watching a family of six show up to service on a motorcycle with smiles on their faces ready to give God honor.  I really could think of nothing better to do.  I had the great honor of being able to preach through an interpreter which was very unique.  At the end of the service five new souls claimed Christ as Savior.  We all ate lunch as a congregation and visited with each other for a few hours and said our goodbyes. This has been a very eye opening experiene.  No picture or word could do any justice. It is an experience you have to live.
Eric Aultman. Youth pastor

1 comment:

  1. I've been reading your posts and have been inspired. Thank you. You're right - there is nothing better to do than to fellowship with the Lord!! May God bless the rest of your trip.

    ReplyDelete