Sunday, June 17, 2012

Reaching the lost!


       After the second trip to Kanya, I was expecting the third trip to be a little boring and predictable.  Wow, was I wrong.  I've noticed so much this trip that I didn't before.  I met a young 12 year old boy yesterday named Ason.  Ason comes to the grounds of Massai Corner to play and visit with friends.  He came up to me and says, " Uncle!  Uncle!  (he thinks this means sir), may I have this ball.  I told him that the ball belonged to the church and that he was more than welcome to come to the church and play.  And then I asked him if he ever came to church.  He told me that he was not allowed to because he was Muslim.  I went through the gospel with him and could see in his appearance that he was distressed to the point of almost crying.  He stated that no matter what, he would never become a christian.  Only God knows his heart and I'm hopeful that Ason will respond to the gospel. 
      After that experience, I was frustrated.   A short time later, a translator and I went hut to hut to witness.   We met a couple of Muslim boys (Mohammad and Ali) on a motorcycle.  Again they seemed upset and verbatim the one in front stated."My entire family is Muslim.  I will never be able to become a Christian."  I told him to seriously think about what I shared with him and he said that he would.  At this point, I'm ready to give up.  We went ahead a stopped at a couple of mud huts where some woman were working with their children.  While teaching them the bad news (All fall short of the perfection of God's standards and deserve God's wrath, one of the older women started to argue back and forth with me because guess what....she was a Muslim!  She kept going back and forth with argument and I would respond with an answer and eventually she said something that the translator did not translate.  I said, "Joel, what did she say."  He told me,"She said that she believes that Jesus Christ is the Son of God and she believes that he is the only way of salvation.  All 3 woman said that the trusted Jesus Christ was the messiah.  I was shocked!  Our God is amazing!  To put a cherry on that story, I found out that this was the family of Muhammad and Ali.  
      I thank God for that experience.  I am so ready to go and share the Gospel with everyone. 




2 comments:

  1. How blessed to see what God is doing. Continue the work and grow God's kingdom!!!
    Tell my neice, Medina Hello from Amarillo!
    Sheliah b.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's really exciting news! Glad you didn't give up! =)

    ReplyDelete