Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Day3



This trip so far has been AMAZING!  It has opened my eyes to so many things.  I lead my first person to the Lord yesterday. It was a young lady. Today, I gave my testimony for the first time to a group. I was extremely nervous, but once they started asking questions it was easy to open up.  One boy named Barry, pulled Kim H. aside and told her that he struggled with the same stuff I had.  He said that he had prayed to accept Christ and wanted a new beginning.  It makes me very happy that God can use me to impact others. We'll see you in a week... Shout out to Chad, told you I'd do it! I love ya'll.
~Lauran Chazaretta


God has been working every day.  On Tuesday, we had a medical clinic and teams went out to evangelize.  When we arrived at Mtepani the pastor advised Bro. Chris to go and comfort a family who lost a small child during the night.  I asked Chris if I could go. On the way we learned that we would be performing a funeral for the child.  We drove on some pretty rough roads and arrived near the small village.  We walked down a trail to a small hut made of straw and mud.  The men and father were gathered under a shade tree.  Several women were sitting by the door.  As we walked into the hut, we observed several women and the mother inside weeping and chanting.  A small 8 month old baby boy named Morgan was wrapped in a blanket. Little Morgan was beautiful and appeared to be asleep.  They asked Bro. Jon Haley to preach Morgan's funeral.  Bro. Jon did a great job presenting the gospel.  Even though it was a tragic event, little Morgan's short life was instrumental in 12 people accepting Chirst as their savior.  God is Great! 
~Greg Wagner

3 comments:

  1. WOW!! Great job Lauran, I know that is a big step. I don't have the words for Greg's post. GOD IS AMAZING!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lauran, God will bless you and continue to use you. Bolster courage. Go forth and be bold in the Lord. Doesn't it feel awesome??? Greg, my brother, realize that out of every dark cloud there is a silver lining. How terribly sad for little Morgan and family but how powerful the Holy Spirit must have been that day to bring 12 more souls to the kingdom! Plant the seed. God will harvest the souls! Bess you all! Gary & Vickie Gibson

    ReplyDelete
  3. My heart aches for the family of little Morgan. Our little Isaiah is the same age, and he brings us so much joy. I can't imagine the void his family must feel in loosing him. Praise the Lord that He had all of you be there for them during this tremendous time of grief. It's awesome that 12 people trusted Christ as their Savior! This sounds like the beginning of a great revival! My heart is rejoicing with you! May the Lord continue to bless you and keep you!
    Tawnya

    ReplyDelete