Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Day 2 Mtepani Village


The men have been meeting every morning for a devotional on integrity.  It is a real blessing to continue studying about God's word while we're here in Africa.  Today we went back to the village of Mtepani to play with the children and to go out into the village to share the Gospel of Christ.  I thought I had seen kuntry (country) before, boy was I wrong!  Today I hit the trails with Lauran, Hillary and two translators, Robert from Crossroads Fellowship and Jackson from MBEWU Church.  We visited with people who had never been reached with the Gospel, wow what an awesome experience that was!  As we entered into the cluster of huts the translator asked any of the adults who were there if they would come out to hear some good news from the mzungu (white man,) boy did they surprise me with their reaction!  Every person we spoke to was very receptive to what we had to say and listened attentively.  We all shared the Gospel as we moved around the village and by the Grace of God 8 Kenya's accepted Christ as their Personal Savior!  I was extremely excited about how God worked today!  I have been blessed everyday that I have been here and count it a privilege to be able to share God's love in Kenya!  God Bless.  I miss you Kati-185 ~ I miss yall too Madi-Maci-Mia
~Wayne Spaulding


Today the group visited Mtepani again, but it was a little different.  We had a medical center for the mothers and their children.  Kelly Wagner and Diana (a local Doctor) saw about 70 women and children.  The rest of the group went out into the village to share the gospel from hut to hut.  They had an amazing time. 13 were saved, Praise the Lord! Kim Roberts and I stayed to entertained the children while they were waiting to see the Doctors.  We really had a good time today.  The children are still very shy at first, but once we broke out the face paint and chalk they were not shy anymore.  Kim did most of the face painting and I gave them construction paper and markers to color.  The Teacher told them to draw things they knew.  My favorite part of the day was when I sat down with the Teacher and each child came and showed me what they drew.  I was able to ask them by name(because they wrote their name on the page) what each item was and they were able to tell me.  Most of them were three years old.  Amazing! 
Christy Monteith


Hello from Kenya, Just wanted to let you all know that today was so amazing! Please know that witnessing in America is so much harder to accomplish than in Africa.  There were two groups that went to visit people's huts (homes) and share the Good News with them, I can say that the Kenyan's are all so welcoming and kind hearted.  We were not told to go away, but to please sit in our best chair.  That was so encouraging to me.  There were a total of 13 that excepted Christ in their heart.  God has changed my heart here and I Choose to bring the new me back home.  

I have met a wonderful Godly young lady that is 20 and truly Love's God.  She doesn't want us to leave to the States so soon, and I know that it will be hard for me to say good bye.  

To my friends and family, please know that I am in good health and truly blessed to be here!  It is hot, humid, and hard to find ice anywhere here.  But we are finding ice cream tomorrow!  We are so spoiled in America and I know some things in my life are gonna change when I come home.  Mom, Christi, and D I love you and wish you could see how beautiful it is here.  Jen and my church family, keep our safety and travels in your prayers.  Our driver is really nice and a good friend of the Moore Family so we are good with transportation.  

Please know I am very thankful for all of the prayers and support.
With Love,
Katina aka Mama Fu Pi

5 comments:

  1. Praise God for the Kenyans that came to know Christ!!! It is so awesome to hear how open they are to the good news. We are praying for you all.

    Chris and Cortney Rochelle

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so happy you are able to do this! I know this means a lot to you and that you are makeing a difference in so many lives! These pics and details about all that you guys are doing is just amazing! I love you sister and I cant wait for your safe return so you can tell us all about it!

    Love, Christi

    ReplyDelete
  3. PRAISE BE TO THE FATHER! Because we believe in the power of prayer so strongly we pray every day for you before your day begins in Kenya. (see Prayer Requests postings) We are grateful to you who post here and on Facebook. Our hearts pain with emotions as we bear their burdens and challenges in the life they live and carry those to The Father. Through the photos and postings you help us to see and be moved. You'll never know the depth of our gratitude. Gary & Vickie Gibson 12:35am 11 Mar 09

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wayne, the little boys face is priceless. We heard about some of the Kenyans accepting Christ through Chelsea last night, but 13! That is awesome. I am not emotional but I almost come to tears as I sit here and read your stories. God is truly amazing. Stay strong as you get tired, He is isn't done yet and there are many praying for you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We're praising the Lord with you! We're so blessed to hear all of the good things that God is doing through your hard work!

    With love and continual prayers,
    Doug and Tawnya

    ReplyDelete