Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Tuesday July 28 2009

Words cannot describe today but if I had to say one word I would say "upendo" which is the Swahili word for Love. Today was filled with so much of Gods love, it was simply amazing. This morning I gave the testimony for our group when we were all on the bus and I told them all about what I wrote in my journal on Saturday. I asked myself two questions. One: Am I really ready for this trip? My answer was No. I explained that I don't think there is really anyway to prepare for any type of mission trip because you really do not know what to expect. But then I asked myself the second question which was: But Am I willing to lay my heart on the line and serve the Lord? and my answer was yes. We are all here to serve the Lord and simply Live for the Lord. Our mission was to come to Kenya and shine the light of the Lord among these Kenyan people and I believe that we have been doing very well in our mission if not even better.

So today we went back to Mtepani and we went back on the trail in the morning which is one of my favorite things to do. I was very nervous yesterday to go out and just speak the word of God to everyone but as I trusted in the Lord more and really followed my faith, I became stronger as did everyone else on the team. I think in just this short week together we have all grown to become a family and to have another family is an amazing feeling. I love each and everyone of them just as much as I do my family at home.

So far, in the past two days, over 30 people have asked Christ to be their Savior. It is such a joyous moment when you look into someones eyes and know they understand and when you look unto someones eyes and just see them shine with happiness.

After walking several miles on the trail, we came back to the school and played with the beautiful children. I love them all so much. Yesterday I had the joy to play sports (which is exhausting but oh so fun) and today I got to facepaint and although I am not much of an artist, the children still liked my artwork!
After another long day in Mtepani, we went back on the bus to go back home. (and i always seem to fall asleep on the way home which is about 30minutes. God has blessed me with being a hard sleeper...nothing can wake me up :) it is awesome)

As soon as we got back, we showered and went to crossroads church where we were going to have our bible study with everyone. And let me tell you, many people were touched and blessed by this night. 4 of us had the privelege of giving our testimonies and then Craig gave a short devotion after which awesome. Emily was the first to give her testimony and although she was nervous, she was very profound and the Lord spoke right through her. After Joyanne got up and spoke about her story and I was so touched to hear about how she is so happy now even after all the struggles she has endured in the past. (her nickname is "smiles" by the way and she is deff. full of them) and then little laura went to the podium and talked. She is a blessing to have on this trip and I was so proud of her as well. And then the fourth person to talk was me which after hearing all there testimonies, it was a hard thing to follow but I have never felt the Lord give me so much strength. I have told my testimony in the past many times but giving my testimony in crossroads church in Mombasa Kenya is a different experience and it was awesome.
I could go on and on about all that we have learned and how many people we have touched but I just want to leave you all with a verse.

"I have brought you glory on earth by finishing the work you gave me to do" -John 17:4

We are here in Kenya to tell everyone about his salvation and to spread the good news. We are finishing the work that he told us to do.

We miss all of you back home and love you all.
mimi nakupenda (i love you)

Kwhari (goodbye)


-Jenny.

3 comments:

  1. We are praying for the Team. It is awesome to see God working. We can't wait to see and hear how God is going to continut to work.
    God is good, All the time...

    God bless,
    Greg and Kelly Wagner

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am following your mission work largely because of my dearest of friends, Laura, who is among you. I pray nightly for God to keep you safe, healthy, strong, and able to do your chosen work.
    When much strife is present in the world it is beautiful to hear and know there are groups like you with the courage and strength to commit yourselves to telling the world of His salvation and sharing the joyous news...

    "But blessed is the man who trusts in the LORD, whose confidence is in him."
    Jeremiah 17:7

    God bless you,
    Bill S.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so pleased to hear that everything is going well. Emily is my sister; and the rest of her family and I have been praying diligently for the Kenyan mission trip. May God be with all of you.

    Jesus said, "And remember, I am with you always, to the end of the age." Matthew 28:20.

    Love and praise,

    Sara Weyman

    ReplyDelete