Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Witnessing at Massai Corner

This is my second time to come to Mombasa. The first time: witnessing to someone was a scary thought, but I committed to the Lord that I would evangelize to anyone he puts in my path, and he has certainly done that. On this trip, I managed to witness to 2 individuals before we reached London. Also, the Lord used me to lead 3 muslim high school boys to faith in Christ. But the one that has stuck in my head, was a muslim man that had 2 wives. He was an elderly man that had been a muslim his enire life. Earlier in the day, Pastor Haley and Cliff had talked to him at his home. When he came to the school for the carnival, I was the first one to see him and it was like the Lord set him up on a silver platter for me. He walked over to an area that only had three chairs...one for me, one for him and one for the translator. We talked for quite a while and he told the translator that he did not want to trust in Jesus, but for the first time, he questioned the accuracy of the Qur'an. While this wasn't a success, I do feel that the seed was planted. However, I told his grandaughter the gospel that morning and she chose to trust in the Lord. Since then, we have managed to evangelize to hundreds of people.. I look forward to seeing these people again next year.

Keith Matthews

No comments:

Post a Comment