Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Shoes have arrived!

San Antonio Team
After an extended stay in London, the shoes have arrived. PTL!
Tonight we had an opportunity to enjoy dinner with the host missionaries Chris and Lisa Moore at the Milele Beach Hotel. At dinner, Chris told us that he had received a phone call from Kenyan Airlines saying the lost baggage had arrived.
So Chris, Lisa and Josh braved the roads of Kenya at night. Nearly dying twice in traffic (literally) we made it to Moi International Airport so I could be harassed and extorted by the local customs official. After his repeated requirement that I pay duty on the shoes brought over for the less fortunate, I informed him that he could either have me detained or tell me good evening; either way, he was not going to get any coin from me.
22 seconds later, I took my bag and walked out of the customs office (still with a full wallet) and met Chris to try the streets of Kenya for a second time.
Tomorrow, we will be leaving at 0745 for the village of Mtepeni so Kevin, Tim, Paul and Josh may begin construction of their new feeding center. Stay tuned for more details and to find out what Teasha, Brittany and Tori did with the kids.
Kenya Mission: day one - starts tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment