Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Mtepeni Day 1

Jambo Jamboooo! Today was such a great day, it was just awesome to be reunited with everyone! 

My baby Lauren remembered me and when she saw me she was the first to scream "Torrrri" with my r in the middle rolled.
The kids are all so precious. It's quite hard though when there is only 7 of us on the team and only 3 girls to play with 100 kids.
Where as the past trips there has been 20 of us to play with about 70 kids. So it gets crazy when kids are pushing each other to hold our hand. At one point I had the kids in a line and I would pick them up and throw them in the air and put them down and then they would run to the back of the line. This was a good method until my arms started dying after the like 25th kid. So after that I decided to sit down, and then I literally had at least 12 kids sitting on me starting at my feet all the way to my stomach and then 2 on each arm holding my arm and then kids behind me playing with my hair. It was stressful but I loved every minute of it! Hearing them say my name and remember me was just so awesome. I can't wait to start doing the medical clinics tomorrow!
Oh and my parents and my close friends know this but Gladys wasn't here today at school but I talked to the teacher and she said she should be here tomorrow, so YAY! okay well guys I am super tired and hopefully I will have more things to blog about tomorrow!

Lala Salama ( good night!)

Tori



No comments:

Post a Comment