Monday, September 14, 2015

I wish that everyone could come here at least once...Hayley Schraeder





Today is our last day in Kenya. This is a bittersweet realization not just for me, but for our whole team. There are so many stories to share, so many vivid memories to remember. I wish that everyone could come here at least once during their lifetime because God is so very real here. He is real at home too of course, but His presence is just so easy to feel here. Our theme for this trip is "Love Has No Limits", but I think that the Kenyan people showed us what that truly means more than we did. The people here genuinely care about each other and show that every day. They welcomed us into their homes, the churches, the schools, and their lives and never once did I feel like an outsider. We just became part of the family. I have a lot of things to process and understand still, but I want you all to know that my experience here in Kenya really has changed my life and I am so very grateful that God has allowed Nathan and I to be part of what He is doing here!



No comments:

Post a Comment