Wednesday, June 18, 2014

God is good



I said I would never go on a foreign mission trip. Well I am in Kenya now on a ten day mission trip and I have changed. I do not know what impact I had on the people but I do know what impact the trip had on me so far. I have spent three days at the Maasai Corner site and I can see that the people experience real joy. On Sunday, I had a wonderful opportunity to worship with the Kenya people. Even though I did not understand the worship song or the sermon because it was in Swahili, but I can see joy. I also saw joy in the kids at school on Monday. The joy in there welcome song as they sang to us when we showed up. The joy in their faces when I colored with them or played games with them. 

Habakkuk 3:17-18....17 Though the fig tree should not blossom and there be no fruit on the vines, though the yield of the olive should fail and the fields produce no food though the flock should be cut off from the fold and there be no cattle in the stalls, 18 Yet I well exult in the LORD, I will rejoice in the GOD of my salvation.  

This is my favorite verse. Being on this trip has made me understand these verses even more. Never say never because God will change your mind and heart. I am blessed He did...Aaron Birks













































There are times when we question why things happen to us, good and bad. We have fear in out hearts and doubt in our minds that keep us in chained from the freedom we have in Christ. Instead of trusting God we question Him. Instead of focusing on God we wonder. Since being in Kenya I've witnessed testimony that had touched my heart and convicted me that true and ultimate joy doesn't come from the things Kenyans have, the mud house they live in, or the clothes that's wearing down. Pure joy comes from praising God in the good and bad times. Struggling to feed a family but still giving God glory anyway by giving them their total heart and soul and mind. It's had me thinking not how much more fortunate am I, but asking God how can I trust Him with less? Going to Massai Corner and even the Mangro Hotel, I've talked to people that I will never forget all because they are always smiling. To reach out and ask about their lives and see how they believe about the God I read about, the great I Am, the strong tower I confide in, the Holiness of His character, my Kenyan family hold onto Jesus, In ways that have been hard for me to. Being here has opened the question to how can I give God glory in any situation in my life, so that someone else may reap that benefit, as I have seeing unlimited worship at Massai Corner. Not just in singing praises, but in the way I talk, the way act, etc. In Jesus we can be free from bondage and heal from brokenness and be full of joy. We are free in Christ, and as a born again Christian and other people who say they are redeemed, let's start speaking in existence God's will for our lives. With spirit and in true, honestly say we trust God with our lives and for His glory, not our own be exalted. In my time here so far, it's been a blessing and eye opening. We are made to worship. Genisis 1:7 NIV says, "Then the Lord God formed a man from the dust of the ground and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life, and the man became a living being." God breathed in us the breath of life, we are to breathe OUT worship. We stare where we steer and follow where we focus. When our praise and focus is on Chris, we can trust that we are covered, provided for, delivered from. And the beautiful people of Kenya have unconsciously showed me their testimony. Through it all, God is still good. Let's not just trust God with our eternal, but also with our earthly...Zuleika Peters


No comments:

Post a Comment