Thursday, August 1, 2013

Test your faith.



After being back in the states for a while, I have had some time to reflect back on my trip to Kenya. I made many new friends and memories that will last a lifetime. I wanted to go on this trip to spread the gospel, love on the children and their families and encourage the Kenyan believers in their faith. I was blessed to have had the opportunity to baptize a new believer, witness to several families, lead someone to The Lord, get to know some of the families, and play with the children. Funny thing is I came back more encouraged by their faith. I can relate to Paul when he says in Romans 1:12, When we get together, I want to encourage you in your faith, but I also want to be encouraged by yours. The Kenyan people are so polite and hospitable. They welcome you into their homes and enjoy engaging in conversation with you. They are content and always smiling despite having so little. It made me think about my own faith and how easy it is for me to say my faith is strong, but I haven't had to face the desperate situations my friends in Kenya have. Seeing their dependence on God has encouraged me to live a humble life and always share my blessings with others. If you haven't had the opportunity to visit Kenya, I highly recommend it. You will come back a changed person.

Mark Coons
Fort Worth, TX


No comments:

Post a Comment