Thursday, July 5, 2012

God has opened my eyes!!!


  • Seeing the Father’s Love Through a Safari.... Its safe to say that before I came to Kenya I was expecting to see a whole lot of red dirt and desert and very little vegetation and trees. Boy was I wrong! While Kenya has tons of red dirt, there are so many beautiful things here that God has opened my eyes to seeing. These past two days we went on safari. I had a BLAST seeing all of these animals that were only a reality in zoos and the Lion King in REAL LIFE! I really wish I could have been there when God told Adam “go ahead and name all of the animals I have created!” That would have been a cool job, but that’s besides the point!
  •       While on safari, God overwhelmed me with the enormity of His creation. He makes the whole world go round, not to mention He created it all. I was reminded of a word of encouragement I got from my friend Hyde. He told me that I was a flower in creation surrounded my lots of other flowers on top of a mountain. I was singing a song to the Lord and my voice was not lost in the midst of all creation. It was super cool to see how detailed God is on safari. From the zebras stripes to the giraffes spots/spotches. And to think, He made me in HIS IMAGE and see me and you as more beautiful than any of the other creatures on this earth. I rest in Psalm 139 today.
    “O Lord you have searched me and known me. You know my sitting down and my rising up; you understand my thoughts from afar. You comprehend my path and my lying down, and are acquainted with all my ways…I will praise you for I am fearfully and wonderfully made; Marvelous are Your works, and that my soul knows very well.” Psalm 139: 1-3,14.
               God is attentive to my cry and to your cry. Rejoice in the fact that you are known intimately by the creator of the universe. Even when you feel alone, God sees your every move and loves your heart. He hears your thoughts and delights in everything about you. Let Him love you today.
    In awe of God’s creation,
    Kellie “Karembo” (Beautiful-my African name)
  • TEXT

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete