Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Day 3 and 4- Injili and Vipingo

Where do I begin... God is doing amazing things here in Kenya. This has been one of the most humbling experiences I have ever had. Monday, we went to the Gospel feeding center. After spending the whole day singing to the kids, I asked them to sing me a song. What they started singing was the most touching songs. "Thank you for the food you gave me. Thank you for clothing me. Thank you for sending someone to teach me." WOW!!!!

How can kids that have so little be so thankful? This trip has really opened my eyes to how "spoiled" I am. I can't wait to come home and share everything God has done on this trip... In the lives of Kenyan people and in my own life. God is awesome!

Justin Tomasi


Janelle Willeford
Thank you to everyone that is praying for all of us on this Africa trip. God is amazing and we are seeing HIM at work all of the time. The trip over was long and sometimes complicated with large number of people and all of our luggage. After a good night sleep I look back and think, it wasn’t so bad. I say that because of the amazing experiences we have had. I wish I could give all of you a chance to experience this trip through our eyes.

We have visited the 2nd largest slum in the world and you just can’t believe that people actually live like this. After walking through part of the slum we arrived at the Manna feeding center and school. The children were so excited to have all of us there. Watching them sing about Jesus and the smiles on their faces really humbled me. Our society takes so much for granted.

We have spent the last two days at the Gospel Center. We celebrated the building of a high school and were able to have church service there. Pastor Allen is doing great things for the people of the area. Spending time with the kids has been so much fun. I only wish Ashton and Aaron could have the opportunity. They would love it. Today we were able to play games, face paint, make bracelets, sing, and make balloon hats, swords, and animals. We served lunch and helped hand out shoes for all of the kids from the center. I believe, that groups visiting is one of the highlights of these kids life.

If I were to pick the coolest experience so far it would be singing songs, worshiping our Lord together.


Today was an amazing day. We went out to visit Vipingo MANNA Center and were able to see Mercy run around and play without pain. She has the most beautiful smile. God is good all the time, and all the time God is good! God is doing so many great things through the MANNA ministry in Kenya.
Matt. 13:19-15
Greg Wagner

For more pics go to:
www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=444061&id=536100130


No comments:

Post a Comment