Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Village Sunday...

Team,

Sunday was amazing. After a 1 hour drive on roads I should not have been with a little "borrowed" car, I finally arrived to a little mud church of a handful of people. Pastor Nzaro is helping this sister church until they get a new pastor. So his entire church (50+ adults) walked nearly 4 miles to be in this service. They walked the entire way in the POURING RAIN!! All of them arrived about 30 minutes after we had started the singing, soaking wet, muddy but with a smile that only the love for Jesus could put on their face.

We worshiped through music for nearly 2 hours then I spoke about ways we could "give" back to God through SERVICE, SACRIFICE and by telling our STORY (John 12) The entire time I preached, with tears in my eyes, I realized while these people had nothing according to our standards, they SERVED & SACRIFICED everyday of their lives even to the point of them just being there that morning. Their smiles and sweet worship to God that morning ministered to me far greater than I to them. 3 young people gave their lives to Christ! :) My prayer is for that little church and those precious people. My prayer is for each of us to be so thankful for the many blessings we have. My prayer is that I will be a broken vessel for HIM each and every day. God Bless......
Chris & Lisa Moore

No comments:

Post a Comment